PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, LAHORE
APPLY ONLINE (APPLICATION OTHER THAN ON-LINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED)
SR. NO.117 (CASE NO.05-RA/2020) COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2020
BASIC SCALE, NAME, NUMBER OF POSTS AND DEPARTMENT
(BS-17) PROVINCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE
Services & General Administration Department 71-POSTS
59 Open Merit, 01 Special Person and 11 Minorities – (including backlog calculated by the S&GAD)
THE EXAMINATION WILL BE HELD AT LAHORE, RAWALPINDI, MULTAN, BAHAWALPUR, D.G. KHAN, FAISALABAD AND SARGODHA
Graduate (Second Division) from a recognized University
AGE, IMPORTANT NOTE AND REMAINING PRE-CONDITIONS
AGE: 21 to 30 years on 1st January 2020. In the case of officials serving in connection with the affairs of the Federal Government who are domiciled in the Punjab as well as the officials serving in connection with the affairs of the Punjab Government having at least 4 years service as such, the upper age limit shall be 35 years. For special persons, maximum 10 years relaxation in upper age limit shall be allowed as per Punjab Civil Servants Recruitment (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit) Rules, 1976.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As per Government of the Punjab, S&GAD Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD)1-25/94(P) dated 29-11-2012, Punjab Delegation of Powers (Relaxation of Age) Rules, 1961 shall not apply to the posts of the Government required to be filled through Combined Competitive Examination conducted by the Punjab Public Service Commission.
The cutoff date for determining the eligibility as far as age is concerned shall be the 1st January 2020. However, the candidate must fulfill and complete all other pre-conditions/qualifications for
the examination on or before the Closing Date as given in this Advertisement. The candidates will produce the original certificates at the time of Psychological Assessment and Interview to authenticate their claim in the application form.
GENDER & DOMICILE
GENDER: All Male, Female & Transgender
SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION
COMPULSORY SUBJECTS 6-Papers (Total 600 Marks)
|1||English Essay||(Subjective)||100 Marks|
|2||English (Precis, Comprehension and Translation)||(Subjective)||100 Marks|
|3||Urdu (Essay, Precis, Comprehension and Translation)||(Subjective)||100 Marks|
|4||Islamic Studies / Ethics (For Non-Muslims Candidates)||(Combination of both Subjective and Objectives)||100 Marks|
|5||Pakistan Studies||(Combination of both Subjective and Objectives)||100 Marks|
|6||General Knowledge||(Objectives)||100 Marks|
Psychological Test and Interview/Viva Voce: 200 Marks
- i) Negative Marking will be done and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in the
Objective (MCQ) paper of General Knowledge.
- ii) Non-Muslims candidates have the option either to attempt paper on Islamic Studies or “Ethics” (Combination of both Subjective & Objective).
iii) All the candidates shall take all the compulsory subjects.
Iv) Detailed outline of Compulsory Papers may be seen on the PPSC Website.
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS 3-Papers (Total 600 Marks)
ALL THE CANDIDATES SHALL TAKE THREE OF THE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS. (NOT MORE THAN ONE FROM EACH GROUP)
- Commerce – 200
- Economics – 200
- Business Administration – 200
- Public Administration – 200
- Agriculture – 200
- Veterinary Sciences – 200
- Botany – 200
- Zoology – 200
- Mathematics – 200
- Computer Science – 200
- Statistics – 200
- Principles of Engineering – 200
- Physics – 200
- Chemistry – 200
- Geology – 200
- Geography – 200
- Political Science – 200
- History – 200
- Law – 200
- Mass Communication – 200
- Philosophy – 200
- Psychology – 200
- Sociology – 200
- Social Work – 200
- English Literature – 200
- Urdu – 200
- Arabic – 200
- Education – 200
- Persian – 200
- Punjabi – 200
i) Syllabus for the Optional Subjects is available on PPSC Website
ii) The minimum standard for the question papers will be of Graduate Level.
a) A CANDIDATE SHALL HAVE TO OBTAIN 40% MARKS IN EACH PAPER AND 50% MARKS IN THE AGGREGATE I.E. 600 MARKS TO QUALIFY FOR INTERVIEW. THEREAFTER, A CANDIDATE SHALL ALSO SECURE 50% MARKS IN THE INTERVIEW TO BE HELD ELIGIBLE FOR FINAL MERIT LIST OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES.
b) NO CHANGE/ADDITION/DELETION/ALTERATION OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS MENTIONED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE MADE AND NO FURTHER REPRESENTATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
c) INCOMPLETE/WRONGLY FILLED OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE FINALLY REJECTED. NO FURTHER REPRESENTATION ON THIS ISSUE WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
d) CHANGE IN THE PRIORITY/SELECTION OF EXAMINATION CENTRES SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS (WRITTEN EXAMINATION/INTERVIEW)
- To appear in test/interview/Viva Voce only Original Valid CNIC issued by NADRA will be accepted. No other Identification document will be acceptable.
- Applicants are advised to read all terms and conditions/ instructions of the Advertisement as well as “Important Instructions to Candidates” given on PPSC website carefully in order to submit their online applications complete in all respects. The onus/ responsibility of correctness of the data given in the On-line Application Form will rest squarely on the candidates.
- All candidates appearing in “Written Examination” to be held by the Commission shall be allowed to avail three chances only for each particular Written Examination irrespective of the type or categories of posts grouped in that Examination, unless otherwise prescribed by the Government.
- Applicants are required to submit “On-line Application Form” by the Closing Date which is 13-04-2020 up to 12:00 A.M. (Midnight). Applicants should fill in the On-line Application Form carefully in the light of the Guidelines and Instructions mentioned in the Advertisement for the said post and “Important Instructions to Candidates”.
- Editing options, to correct any data in the On-line Application Form, will be available to the candidates till the Closing Date of submission of Online Applications.
- Variation in number and nature of posts shall be accepted by the Commission without inviting fresh applications before finalization of interviews.
- It is mandatory for Applicants to deposit Rs. 1000/ – under Head: “C02101-ORGANIZATIONS OF STATETEST FEE REALIZED BY THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION”, in any Branch of State Bank of Pakistan or National Bank of Pakistan or Government Treasury on or before the Closing Date of submission of applications.
- No Bank Draft or Pay Order or Cheque or any such instrument will be accepted as fee by the Commission.
- Applicants residing outside Pakistan, but having Domicile of the Punjab will deposit the fee at the Pakistani Embassy of residing country in the currency of that country equivalent to the amount of Application/ Test Fee prescribed for the post.
- Special Persons are not required to deposit application fee.
8. PPSC’s Helplines:
Lahore: 042-99202762, 99200161, 99200162,
D.G. Khan: 064-9260410
If any Instruction available on the Website or Advertisement is found contradictory to the relevant Law, Rules and Regulations and Policy Decisions, the relevant Law, Rules and Regulations and Policy Decisions will prevail over the Instructions.
Please refuse to engage with any person who may offer to help you get selected. Have faith in your own ability and trust in ALLAH (SWT). In case any dubious person contacts you for providing undue favour in written examination or interview, please immediately contact the following Hon’able Members of the Commission at once:-
- Mr. Imtiaz Ahmed Khan, Member PPSC, (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: )
- Mr. Amjad Javaid Saleemi, Member PPSC, (E-mail: email@example.com, Tel: 042-)
Your name will be kept secret and no prejudice will be caused to you.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – 13 APRIL 2020
“IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES”
visit PPSC website: www.ppsc.gop.pk
CLOSING DATE for Applications – 14th January 2019
MUHAMMAD NAWAZ KHALID ARBI SECRETARY
UAN NO. 042-111-988-722