KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA, PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION POR THE POSTS OF PROVINCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES (BPS-17) 2016
TIME ALLOWED: 03 HOURS MAX MARKS 100
NOTE: Attempt any FIVE Questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain the nature & scope of Pubic Administration and its role in a modem welfare state. Do you thnk that the study of public administration can be helpful in undetstanding the problems of adminstramn in a developing country like Pstintan? Discuss.
2 The charactenstics of Weber’s deal type of bureaucracy have been described in many different ways in the literature on management. For example one of these is a division of labor based on functional specialization. Discuss all these characteristics.
3. Discuss the importance of leadership in administration. Also identify the various forms of administrative leadership and explain that how these forms suit to the administrative environments in Pakistan?
4. Why ‘Administrative Accountability’ is necessary in the public service? Also suggest the proper means that how to control corruption in Pakistan?
5. Discuss the role of plannng in the effective policy and decision-making processes. How plannng machinery of Pakistan is properly designed to achieve the objective of planned development of the national economy?
6. What is your personal enlightened opinion about the relative functional efficiency of Civil Service System in Pakistan in the light of theories of Max Weber which emphasize the supremacy of merit, objectivity and rules and regulations?
7. What do you mean by financial administration? Also discuss the elements of financial administration including your suggestions for improvement in the financial Management.
8. WRITE SHORT NOTES ON ANY TWO OF THE FOLLOWING:
i) Difference between pubic and private acImimstration
ii) Performance Evaluation methods
iii) Public Administration versus political patronage/spoil system
iv) The rise and fall of CSP class in Pakistan