KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA, PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION POR THE POSTS OF PROVINCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES (BPS-17) 2013
TIME ALLOWED: 03 HOURS MAX MARKS 100
NOTE: Attempt any FIVE Questions. All questions carry equal marks.
Candidates must draw two straight lines ============ at the end to separate each question attempted in answer books.
1. “Define Public Administration with particular reference to the definition given by Felix A. Nigro and also explain its scope in detail.
2. Define Bureaucracy and explain what gap do you see in Pakistan’s bureaucracy and the one propounded by Max Weber.
3. What style of administrative leadership would you recommend for Pakistan? Also, give the main functions of an administrative leader.
4. Explain the term “Administrative Responsibility.” What strategy, in your opinion, can help ensure a responsible behavior in Pakistan’s administrative system?
5. Highlight the importance of planning in the success of a government. Why does Pakistan suffer from a gap between target fixed under a plan and the actual outcomes?
6. Do you think the Devolution Plan of 2001 could evolve a genuine system of local government in Pakistan enabling the people to take an active part in the management of local affairs?
7. Explain personnel administration with reference to the important tools used for the purpose. Do you think the personnel administration in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is in line with the general principles laid down for the purpose?
8. “Management of national finance is a complex and challenging task.” Explain the statement with reference to the role of Federal Board of Revenue in the generation of revenue for the Government of Pakistan.