FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2004.
ISLAMIC HISTORY AND CULTURE, PAPER – I
TIME ALLOWED; THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100 NOTE: Attempt any FIVE questions in all, including QUESTION No.8 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry EQUAL marks.
1. Write a comprehensive not4e on Deen-i-Islam which is defined as a missionary Religion. Account any three missionary movements which are very much relevant to South Asia in term of Sufisrn.
2. Highlight the last 23 years of Holly Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). In way of the complete study as a preacher of Islam in view of Holy Quran and Sunnah. .
3. What is polygamy? Describe the term Nisaa in view of behavior, value and characters of human life according to Islamic thought of School
4. Write a detailed note on the Agricultural Prosperity during the regime of Ahbaside?
5. Write a comprehensive note on the salient features of Ottoman Turks inarch towards Europe.
6. Write a note of Merits on any TWO of the following:
(a) Hazrat Umar Farooque (b) Hazrat Umer Bin Abdul Azia (c) Mamoon Rash id
7. Write an administrative policy note on Judicial System during the period of Abbaside.
8. Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book, Do no! reproduce the question,
(1) Before Islam Arab were engaged live systematically as:
(a) Central Government (b) Autonomous body (c) Tribal feuds (d) Own master mind (e) None of these
(2) Hadith was complied by:
(a) Hazrat Abu Bakkar (b) Hujjaj Bin Yousuf (c) Umer Bin Abdul Aziz (d) Haroon Rasheed (e) None of these
(3) Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was born on the following date:
(a) 2nd August 570 AD (b) 13th August 570 AD (c) 3rd August 571 AD (d) 14″‘Sept. 571 AD (e) None of these
(4) Ha j re-As wad means:
(a) Pious Stone (b) Black Stone (c) Historical Stone(d) Foundation Stone (e) None of these
(5) Ka’bah is situated in the valley of:
(a) Valley Karan (b) Valley Taif (c) Valley Makka (d) None of these
(6) Hazrat Imam Hussain died in:
(a) 680 AD (b) 681 AD (c) 682 AD (d). 683 AD (e) None of these
(7) Treaty of Hudaibiyah was observed in:
(a) 5thHijrah (b) 6lh Hijrah (c). 7lh Hijrah. (d) 8th Hijrah (e) None of these
(8) Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) died on:
(a) March 633 AD (b) April 633 AD (c) May 633 AD (d) June 633 AD (e) None of these
(9) Hazrat Othman was murdered on:
(a) 17th March, 656 A.D. (b) 17th April, 656 A.D. (c) 17th May, 656 A.D. (d) 17th June, 656 A.D.
(a) Arabia (b) Persian (c) Turk (d) Syria (e) None of these
(19) The actual name of Ibn Sina was:
(a) Abu Ali al-Husayn (b) Moosa bin shakir (c) Saiful daula (d) None of these
(20) The actual name of the Akber the mughal emperor was:
(a) Noorud-din Muhammad (b) Shahab-ud-din Muhammad (c) Zaheer-ud-din Muhammad (d) Jalal-ud-din Muhammad (e) None of these