FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2001.
ISLAMIC HISTORY AND CULTURE, PAPER – I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all.which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry equal marks. Credit will he given for the grasp of the subject and originality of thought.
1. Give a brief outline of the history and the civilization of ancient Babylonia. .
2. Discuss the achievements of the Holy Prophet (Peace Be upon him) as a Social Reformer.
3. Narrate the achievements of Hazrat Umar (R.A.) as a conqueror and as an Administrator.
4. Bring into light the administrative reforms of Abdul Malik. Do you agree with the view that he was the real founder of the Umayyad Dynasty. Give reasons.
5. Briefly describe the scientific and. literary progress of the Muslims during Abbasid Period.
6. Write a detailed note on Pakistan’s relations with the United Slates.
7. Write short notes on any TWO of the -following: (a) Abdullah Bin Zubair. (b) Battle of ZAB. ” (c) BARMAKIDS.