FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR
RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2013
HISTORY OF PAKISTAN & INDIA, PAPER-I
(PART-I MCQs) 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 20
(PART-II) 2 HOURS & 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS: 80
NOTE: (i) First attempt PART-I (MCQs) on separate OMR Answer Sheet which shall be taken back after 30 minutes.
(ii) Overwriting/cutting of the options/answers will not be given credit.
PART-I ((MCQs) (COMPULSORY)
Q.1. (i) Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMR Answer Sheet. (20×1=20)
(ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered.
1. Which was the capital of Umayyids at the time of Muhammad Bin Qasim’s invasion on Sindh?
(a) Baghdad (b) Kufa (c) Damascus (d) None of these
2. Which city was named as the “City of Gold” by the Arabs during Muhammad Bin Qasim’s invasion on Sindh?
(a) Debal (b) Multan (c) Brahmad Abad (d) None of these
3. To which “SILSILAH” (ORDER) Sheikh Baha-ud-Din Zakriya Multani belongs?
(a) Chishtiyah (b) Suharawardiya (c) Qadriya (d) None of these
4. Which Sultan adopted the policy of “Matrimonial Alliances” towards his rivals who challenged his authority?
(a) Qutb-ud-Din Aibak (b) Iltutmish (c) Ghias-ud-Din Balban (d) None of these
5. During which reign Khawaja Qutb-ud-Din Bakhtiyar Kaki died?
(a) Qutb-ud-Din Aibak (b) Iltutmish (c) Razia Sultana (d) None of these
6. Who ruled India from 1236 to 1240?
(a) Iltutmish (b) Bahram Shah (c) Razia Sultana (d) None of these
7. Who succeeded Ghias-ud-Din Balban?
(a) Kaiqubad (b) Kaikhusrau (c) Jalal-ud-Din Khilji (d) None of these
8. Who wrote “FATWA-I-JAHANDARI”?
(a) Syed Ahmad Shaheed (b) Zia-ud-Din Barani (c) Shah Wali Ullah (d) None of these
9. “Jamaat Khana Masjid” at the Dargah of Nizam-ud-Din Auliya was constructed by:
(a) Ala-ud-Din Khilji (b) Muhammad Bin Tughluq (c) Firuz Tughluq (d) None of these
10. Which Sultan believed that “ The Sultan is the shadow of God”?
(a) Iltutmish (b) Muhammad Bin Tughluq (c) Akbar (d) None of these
11. During which Dynasty Amir Timur’s invasion of India took place?
(a) Khilji (b) Tughluq (c) Lodhi (d) None of these
12. Who was the founder of the Sayyid Dynasty?
(a) Khizer Khan (b) Muhammad Shah (c) Mubarak Shah (d) None of these
13. “Guru Nanak” was born during the reign of:
(a) Bahlol Lodhi (b) Sikandar Lodhi (c) Ibrahim Lodhi (d) None of these
14. “Diwan-i-Arz” related to the matters of:
(a) War (b) Land revenue (c) Finance (d) None of these
15. The “Rohtas Fort” is situated in the province of:
(a) Khyber Pakhtun Khaw (b) Punjab (c) Sindh (d) None of these
16. Which Mughal Emperor imprisoned Sheikh Ahmad Sarhindi?
(a) Akbar (b) Jahangir (c) Shah Jahan (d) None of these
17. Where was Shah Jahan at the time of the death of Jahangir?
(a) Agra (b) Lahore (c) Deccan (d) None of these
18. In which year Noor Jahan died?
(a) 1625 (b) 1635 (c) 1645 (d) None of these
19. Where is “Moti Masjid”?
(a) Lahore Fort (b) Agra Fort (c) Rohtas Fort (d) None of these
20. Amalgamation of Islamic, Iranian and Hindi Architecture to shape the Indo-Islamic Architecture was done by:
(a) Iranians (b) Greeks (c) Mughals (d) None of these
NOTE: (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(iii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iv) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.No.2. Identify and evaluate the short term and long term impact of the Muslim’s invasions on the Sub-Continent. (20)
Q.No.3. Narrate the steps taken by Ghiyas-ud-Din Balban for consolidating his rule. (20)
Q.No.4. “The reign of Firuz Tughluq closed the most brilliant Epoch of Muslim Rule in India before the reign of Akbar”. Comment. (20)
Q.No.5. Give a brief account of the services rendered by Sufis and Ulemas in developing the Muslim society in the Sub-Continent. (20)
Q.No.6. Give a brief review of the Socio-Economic conditions of the people under the Sultans and Mughals. (20)
Q.No.7. Write a brief but comprehensive Essay on the factors, forces and issues which contributed in establishing the Mughal Rule in the Sub-Continent. (20)
Q.No.8. Highlight the role of Art, Architecture and Literature in projecting the image of the Muslims in the Sub-Continent. (20)
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION