FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2017 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
NOTE: (i) Make an outline and write a COMPREHENSIVE ESSAY (2500-3000 words) on any ONE of the given topics. Make sure you use different forms of discourses, e.g. exposition, argumentation, description, and narration. Credit will be given for organization, relevance, and clarity.
(ii) No Page/Space be left a blank between the answer. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
1. Is colonial mentality impeding Pakistan’s progress?
2. Brexit means globalization is the rhetoric of the privileged, and capitalism will return ferociously as ever.
3. More and more International military engagements by the United Nations; is the world moving towards peace?
4. Modernity is an unending project.
5. Feminism is not really a Third World issue.
6. Literature is a lonely planet of idealists.
7. Being a minority is a fate no one wants. Can nationalism be really inclusive?
8. Ideologies thrive on notions of resistance, yet change is a simulation.
9. Are modern wars not holy wars?
10. Life without controversy is no life. But why one should not choose the safe haven of conformism?