FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION -2001
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
NOTE: Attempt any FIVE questions. All questions carry EQUAL marks. Write clearly.
1. Determine the extent to which the objectives of Americans-led global coalition against the so called terrorism are achievable.
2. Visualize the post-Taliban Scenario in Afghanistan and discuss its implications for Pakistan.
3. How has the apathetic role of Arab countries complicated the issue of Palestine?
4. Sino-Pakistan collaboration on Gwadar Sea opening will have far-reaching economic and geo-strategic consequences. Comment.
5. The United Nations Organization is being side-lined by denying the peace-making role that legitimately belonged to her. Examine the statement.
6. Evaluate the structural changes introduced in Pakistan’s economy over the past two years.
7. Highlight the constitutional issues affecting Pakistan’s politics since the army take-over in October 1999.
8. Judicious evaluation of examination scripts by the Universities and Boards of Education in Pakistan needs to be ensured. How can it be accomplished?
9. Write notes on any TWO of the following:
(i) Shanghai Cooperation Organization
(ii) Aftermath of Agra-Summit
(iii) Gender prejudices and women empowerment in Pakistan
(iv) Economic consequences or preparation at the World Trade Centre.